Build a Unique Impression and Stand Out of Crowd with Custom Printed T-Shirts
Making your design stand out of crowd depends upon two factors naming unique artwork and marketing .Yea; if you guys are thinking only unique nice artwork will do everything for you, then change your thinking. If you want something to be noticed, you have to make it known to people; you can’t keep it with yourself. Otherwise you are not even standing in crowd. That’s why both factors should work parallel.
Let’s talk on unique artwork or design….
Unique design for custom printed t-shirt
To design your own t-shirt online, apart from online design tool, listed below are some points you should keep in mind.
- Target audience
Before trying out your creative skill to build unique design, you need to know your customer. What type of customer you want to target? Do you want to build your custom printed t-shirt design for senior citizen or mid age group? Or are you making for teenagers and kids? Is it for any particular event (say…corporate team activity, any concert or any campaign)? All these queries you should research to lay your groundwork.
- Artwork or Design
Now comes your creative artwork skill to build unique eye catching design for your t-shirt.
Let’s breakdown this vital point…..
A) T-shirt type
Are you trying your hand to design hoodies or customize polo t-shirts?
There are many forms of t-shirt available, naming a few…
Round neck, V-neck, Half sleeves, Full sleeves, Hoodies, Crop top, Raglan T-shirt, Ringer T-shirt, Tank top, Sleeveless T-shirt etc.
So you need to choose one option which fits best for your target audience.
B) Design type
Are you thinking to create text based design, any image based or hybrid one?
For only text based design you should be good with the typography, art and technique of arranging type to make written language legible, readable, and appealing when displayed. Proper fonts and size should be taken care.
There are hell lot of fonts available, some of the font styles are discuss below:
- Serif: Serif fonts have little lines attached the ends of their letters. They’re generally thought to look more serious or traditional.
- Sans-Serif: These fonts don’t have the extra lines on the ends of letters. For that reason these look more modern and streamlined.
- Script: Scripts are cursive- or handwriting-style fonts. They generally have connecting letters. You’ll find that script fonts come in many different styles, from elegant to fun.
- Decorative / Display: These fonts are eye catcher and are meant to get your attention. They’re often more unusual and should be used for a specific effect or purpose.
For image or hybrid based design, try to design some unique custom t-shirts that can captivate your beholders and design should resemble with target customer, means customer should able to emotionally connect with your design.
c) Colour model
Different Colour combinations will play a major role in this design work. Consider Global colours, in case you are using Adobe Illustrator.
You can use two of the colour models as discussed below.
The CMYK colour model (process colour, four colour) is a subtractive colour model, used in colour printing, and is also used to describe the printing process itself. CMYK refers to the four inks used in some colour printing: cyan, magenta, yellow, and key (black).
When producing spot colour files (which use specified ink colours other than CMYK) each colour is selected from the Pantone swatch library. The commercial printer uses a specified mixing formula for each Pantone colour to ensure accurate colour matching.
- Printing option
Well many printing methods are available; I will be discussing two of those.
This is older technique in t-shirt printing. It is a great option if you’re working on a large project
DTG (Direct to garment) printing
This is relatively new method in t-shirt printing industry and works well for white garments. It offers you full colour printing and supports one-off design.
Now, after designing and printing your unique masterpiece let’s throw some light on marketing stuff so that you can showcase your work. Let the people know about you and your t-shirt printing website.
Launching any new product or service isn’t what is used to be (hiring PR agency to craft press release and set up a press tour).In the era of digital world, apart from traditional marketing, you can do online marketing as well to promote your t-shirt design website.
Some of the key marketing strategies:
- Research competitors-you need to perform SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis. Evaluate how your new product or service will stand up against what’s already being offered by your competitors.
- Offer customers an exclusive preview of your new product. This can take the form of a private, pre-launch party or an online preview.
- Email marketing-Email newsletters allow you to easily share news of your product, photos, and information with customers.
- Share in social media platforms like facebook, twitter, pinterest, so on.
- Host promotion events.
- Bloggingis a great way to promote your store.
Now you have your masterpiece and showcase platform as well, let the world know your t-shirt printing design and your brand value. These two factors will definitely make you stand out of crowd and count your presence in world of custom printed T-shirts design industry.
Happy design TEES..!!